ORWL represents and defends its clients during the various stages of litigation that may arise from their activities (audit and contractual drafting, pre-litigation and negotiations, jurisdictional litigation). The firm’s practice focuses on financial and digital litigation before civil and criminal courts, as well as before financial regulatory authorities.
ORWL has in-depth technical experience in financial criminal law, as well as debt recovery involving the tracing of digital assets on blockchains.
We are particularly involved in the following areas:
- Complex civil and commercial debt recovery cases (digital asset seizures; cross-border debt recovery);
- Cybercrime, scams and ransomware (including fraudulent access to information systems, scams involving digital assets, money laundering and deceptive commercial practices);
- Preservation of online reputation: digital identity theft, counterfeiting and parasitism, particularly in the Web 3 sector (Ethereum name service; NFTs);
- Infringements of financial regulations relating to digital asset services and payment services.
- Controls on regulatory compliance relating to commercial influence (DGCCRF) and the promotion of online gambling (ARJEL).
The firm’s contentious expertise also encompasses the compliance of clients’ activities. ORWL’s lawyers have developed particular expertise in financial regulation, as well as in the fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
- Criminal Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Banking & Financial Litigation