The present document is intended to provide information concerning the processing of personal data by ORWL.
Email : email@example.com
Phone : +33 (0) 1 88 80 36 33
- Any term defined in Article 4 of the Regulation EU (2016/679) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (hereinafter the “GDPR“) and mentioned in this Policy has the same meaning. Thus, personal data (hereinafter “Personal Data” or “Data“) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Processing means any operation which is performed on personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- By drafting this Privacy and making it available to users of the Site, ORWL intends to fulfill its duty to provide information within the meaning of Articles 13 and 14 of the GDPR.
- ORWL may modify or update the Policy, in which case it will be published on the Site with mention of the last update date. Therefore, you should check the Site regularly to stay informed of any changes or updates to the Policy.
Data collected, purposes and legal basis
- Your Personal Data collected from the Site is processed by ORWL as a data controller. The categories of Data collected (directly from you or through third-party services) depend on the nature of your relationship with ORWL. You will find below the Personal Data that ORWL is likely to collect, the purposes of this collection and the associated legal basis.
- Site navigation. In order to enrich your user experience, ORWL wants to understand your interactions with the Site. This is why ORWL processes various browsing information collected automatically through cookies and other tracking technologies. A cookie is a small computer file playing the same role as a tracker, stored and read, for example, when the Site is visited or when an email is read, regardless of the device used.
- When you use the Site, ORWL collects the following navigational Data:
- unique identifiers (browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system) ;
- interaction information (IP address, system activity, date and time of requests);
- the pages you are looking for on the Site.
- ORWL does this on the basis of its legitimate interest in understanding how you browse the Site, in order to guarantee its security and operation and to improve it if necessary.
- If you wish to restrict, block or delete cookies installed by the Site, you can do so by using your browser settings. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to deactivate existing cookies. However, some Site functions may not function properly or may be slower if you block cookies.
- For more information on cookies and how to delete them from your browser, please consult your browser settings:
- Communication management. You may contact ORWL on the Site via the “Contact” link, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the contact number displayed on the Site. If you contact ORWL by any of these methods, you will be asked to provide the following Data:
- Last name, first name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Any other Data you voluntarily provide.
- ORWL collects and processes this Data in order to respond to your contact request and to communicate with you on topics or events that may interest you.
- The legal basis for this processing is your consent and ORWL’s legitimate interest in developing its relations with its prospects, customers and partners.
- Newsletter subscription. You can subscribe to the “Legalchain” on the Site to receive publications and alerts by email. To subscribe, you must provide your email address, your full name and the name of your organization.
- ORWL uses this Data solely to send you the communications to which you have subscribed.
- The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
- ORWL shares your Personal Data with third-party service providers who assist in achieving the purposes specified in this Policy. As ORWL’s subcontractors, service providers may have access to your Data for the sole purpose of carrying out the tasks entrusted to them. ORWL ensures that service providers present sufficient guarantees for the performance of the mission entrusted to them and that they comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- ORWL does not transfer Data outside the European Union.
- If necessary, ORWL will share your Data with the competent courts and any other governmental and/or public authority requesting access to such Data, insofar as this is legally authorized.
- In any event, ORWL will only disclose Personal Data to the aforementioned recipients on a strict need-to-know basis and only to the extent necessary to achieve the duly identified processing purposes.
- ORWL retains Personal Data for the entire duration of your use of the Site and for as long as necessary to:
- achieve the purposes for which it was collected;
- provide the services or information you have requested;
- establish ORWL’s legal defense;
- enforce a contract; and
- comply with all applicable laws.
- Navigation Data is collected via a third-party service that generates a cookie with a unique identifier, the retention period of which is limited to six (6) months.
- Apart from the cases described above, ORWL’s standard data retention period is five (5) years.
- During this retention period, if ORWL considers that it is not necessary to keep your Data in the active database, the Data will be archived and ORWL will ensure that access to it is limited to a restricted number of persons with a genuine need to access it.
- You are never obliged to provide any Personal Data requested by ORWL. However, if you refuse to provide certain Data, access to the Site and your subscription or contact requests may be limited, suspended or even impossible.
- In any event, and regardless of the purpose of the processing in question, ORWL adheres to a strict principle of Data minimization and therefore only processes the Personal Data necessary for the aforementioned purposes.
- The Site is not intended for use by minors under the age of fifteen (15). If you are under 15, please do not submit any Data to the Site in the absence of a legal representative.
- You have the following rights regarding the processing of your Personal Data, in accordance with the provisions of Articles 15 to 22 of the GDPR:
- A right of access to Personal Data collected by ORWL;
- A right to rectification and/or erasure of Personal Data collected by ORWL ;
- A right to restriction of processing carried out by ORWL ;
- A right to the portability of Personal Data.
- In accordance with French privacy laws (articles 84 to 86 of law n°78-17 of January 6, 1978), you also have the right to specify ORWL instructions defining how your Personal Data will be managed after your death.
- In order to exercise your rights or for any question relating to privacy, you must send a request, accompanied by proof of your identity:
- by email to email@example.com; or
- by post to the address indicated on the Site’s legal notice.
- ORWL will process requests within a reasonable time, taking into account the complexity and the number of requests, at the latest within one (1) month of receipt of the request. ORWL may extend this period to three (3) months in the case of complex requests.
- Exercising the rights offered by the GDPR is in practice free of charge. However, when your requests are likely to entail significant costs, you may be required to bear part of them.
- In the event of a dispute, you may refer the matter to the competent supervisory authority, the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (“CNIL“), in order to lodge a complaint. The CNIL’s contact details are available on its website.